Iran Foreign Minister Warns Against Failed Repetition after IAEA Remarks

Date:

Share post:

Iran Foreign Minister Seyed Abbas Araghchi has strongly warned against what he called a “failed repetition” following remarks by International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) chief Rafael Grossi. Araghchi made his comments during a regional diplomacy conference in Mashhad, emphasizing that those threatening Iran should learn from past mistakes.

The Iran foreign minister stated that issuing threats against Tehran would not achieve any progress. He said that such actions had already proven unsuccessful in the past. “Those making threats must realize that repeating a failed experience will lead only to another failure,” Araghchi said.

He added that Iran remains committed to constructive engagement but will not tolerate pressure. According to Araghchi, true dialogue requires mutual respect and a realistic understanding of regional dynamics. He questioned the intent behind Grossi’s remarks, saying, “I don’t know whether his comments came from concern or from a threat.”

Meanwhile, Rafael Grossi commented on the state of Iran’s nuclear facilities after a series of attacks. He acknowledged that the strikes caused significant physical damage to several sites, including Isfahan, Natanz, and Fordow. However, he noted that Iran’s nuclear expertise and knowledge base remain fully intact.

Grossi also remarked that Tehran currently grants inspectors limited access to nuclear sites. He described this access as being “on a drip-feed basis,” suggesting that Iran regulates the timing and scope of visits. According to him, Iran restricts entry mainly for security reasons.

Despite the tensions, the IAEA chief clarified that the agency had not found any signs of a nuclear weapons program. He further mentioned that IAEA teams had inspected Iran’s facilities shortly before the attacks occurred. In addition, satellite monitoring continues to provide oversight of Iran’s nuclear activities.

The Iran foreign minister concluded by reiterating that threats or military pressure will never produce lasting solutions. He stressed that respectful dialogue remains the only effective path forward.

Araghchi urged all parties to avoid hostile rhetoric and to focus instead on restoring diplomatic balance in the region. Through these remarks, the Iran foreign minister underscored Tehran’s readiness for cooperation—provided that it is based on fairness and mutual understanding.

Related articles

Iranian Authorities Maintain High Alert Following Moderate Earthquake Near Strategic Coastal Areas in Hormozgan Province

A moderate 4.6 magnitude earthquake struck the southern Iranian province of Hormozgan on Thursday afternoon. The national seismological...

Iran’s Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi Meets Pakistani Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi in Tehran

Pakistan mediation efforts intensified this week after senior officials traveled to Tehran for urgent diplomatic consultations. Pakistani Interior...

Iran Expands Traditional Crafts Sector in Khoy to Boost Nomadic Income and Protect Cultural Heritage

The Nomadic Affairs Department in Khoy has established thirty-nine new handicrafts workshops for local nomadic youth. This major...

Iran’s Supreme Leader Mojtaba Khamenei Honors Late Iranian Leaders on Anniversary of Helicopter Tragedy

The Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Mojtaba Khamenei officially released a commemorative statement to mark the second...