Iran Security Gains After June War with Israel

Date:

Share post:

Iranian security concerns shaped the government’s view of the June war with Israel. Moreover, Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said the 12-day conflict helped Iran fix weak points in its defense system. In addition, he said the fighting gave Iran useful experience because it revealed military weaknesses. Consequently, Iran addressed these problems quickly. He also noted that Israel made a major mistake when it launched the attacks.

Araghchi spoke in an interview with an Omani broadcaster. He explained that Israel hoped the war would cause public anger in Iran. However, Israeli leaders misjudged the situation. They thought people would protest against the government once fighting began. Instead, the public supported the government. Furthermore, citizens stood with the armed forces during the crisis.

Araghchi added that Israel aimed for major gains in the first hours of the war. For example, Israel targeted top Iranian commanders. Over 20 senior officers were killed, including Mohammad Bagheri, Hossein Salami, and Gholamali Rashid. Additionally, strikes on June 21 killed Mohammad Saeed Izadi and Mohammadreza Nasirbaghban. Despite these losses, Iran’s armed forces did not collapse. New commanders quickly stepped in, and morale even grew stronger.

He emphasized that the entire war came from what he called false assumptions in Israel. Therefore, Israeli leaders underestimated Iran’s capabilities. He warned that any repeat of the attack would likely bring the same result. As a result, Iran’s security planning now reflects lessons learned from the conflict. In fact, Iran feels more prepared than before.

Araghchi also discussed nuclear talks with the United States. Earlier this year, both sides held five rounds of negotiations. The U.S. set a 60-day deadline, but no deal was reached by day 61. Consequently, Israel launched attacks on June 13. Then, the United States carried out strikes on June 22, hitting nuclear sites in Isfahan, Natanz, and Fordow.

Finally, Araghchi said Iran now studies the full timeline of the conflict. Accordingly, security officials believe the country is stronger than before. Furthermore, the government plans to continue building defensive power in response to regional threats.

Related articles

Iranian Authorities Maintain High Alert Following Moderate Earthquake Near Strategic Coastal Areas in Hormozgan Province

A moderate 4.6 magnitude earthquake struck the southern Iranian province of Hormozgan on Thursday afternoon. The national seismological...

Iran’s Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi Meets Pakistani Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi in Tehran

Pakistan mediation efforts intensified this week after senior officials traveled to Tehran for urgent diplomatic consultations. Pakistani Interior...

Iran Expands Traditional Crafts Sector in Khoy to Boost Nomadic Income and Protect Cultural Heritage

The Nomadic Affairs Department in Khoy has established thirty-nine new handicrafts workshops for local nomadic youth. This major...

Iran’s Supreme Leader Mojtaba Khamenei Honors Late Iranian Leaders on Anniversary of Helicopter Tragedy

The Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Mojtaba Khamenei officially released a commemorative statement to mark the second...