Iran’s President Masoud Pezeshkian and French President Emmanuel Macron Discuss War as Iran Declares Itself Ready for Diplomacy

Date:

Share post:

Iran’s President Masoud Pezeshkian spoke with French President Emmanuel Macron. He said Iran is ready for diplomacy to end the war. However, Tehran insists on securing the Iranian nation’s rights. The two leaders reviewed the strategic situation in the region. This approach requires trust that currently does not exist.

Pezeshkian reaffirmed Tehran’s deep distrust of the White House. Washington has committed acts of aggression during negotiations. This distrust stems from hostile American actions, he said. The latest example includes two attacks during talks. Yet Iran remains open to dialogue through proper channels.

The phone conversation covered the Strait of Hormuz situation. They also discussed a temporary ceasefire agreement. Ongoing talks between Iran and the U.S. were reviewed. A fragile truce has been in place since early April. Iran stays ready for diplomacy while controlling the strategic waterway.

Pezeshkian said Iran will pursue diplomatic paths seriously. The country acts within international law framework. Tehran emphasizes the realization of Iranian rights. The president mentioned that America stabbed them in the back. Still, dialogue remains possible with European partners.

The U.S. and Israel launched their war on February 28. The attacks occurred during nuclear negotiations with Iran. They assassinated Iran’s Leader and senior commanders. Enemy forces also bombed schools and hospitals. Iran seeks a political solution to stop the bloodshed.

Iran has imposed a new maritime transit mechanism. All vessels must obtain permission before passing. This is Iran’s sovereign right, Pezeshkian stated. The Strait of Hormuz remains under tight control. Tehran pursues diplomacy while protecting its national security.

Pakistan has led mediation efforts between Iran and the U.S. A ceasefire agreement took effect after 40 days of war. However, indirect talks have stalled since then. Iran accuses the U.S. of violating the ceasefire. Tehran remains open to negotiations despite the naval blockade.

France has maintained diplomatic channels with Tehran. Macron previously spoke with Pezeshkian in March. European countries continue engaging with Iranian officials. Iran values these European contacts as potential bridges. France could play a mediating role in the conflict.

Iran demands the lifting of the illegal U.S. blockade. Tehran also wants an end to the war. Compensation for war damages is another Iranian demand. The talks have failed to produce a breakthrough. However, Iran is ready for diplomacy to achieve these goals.

The coming weeks may see renewed diplomatic efforts. France could host new talks between the parties. Iran stays committed to negotiations while maintaining its defensive posture. The war has caused thousands of civilian casualties. A political solution remains the only viable path forward.

Related articles

Iranian Authorities Maintain High Alert Following Moderate Earthquake Near Strategic Coastal Areas in Hormozgan Province

A moderate 4.6 magnitude earthquake struck the southern Iranian province of Hormozgan on Thursday afternoon. The national seismological...

Iran’s Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi Meets Pakistani Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi in Tehran

Pakistan mediation efforts intensified this week after senior officials traveled to Tehran for urgent diplomatic consultations. Pakistani Interior...

Iran Expands Traditional Crafts Sector in Khoy to Boost Nomadic Income and Protect Cultural Heritage

The Nomadic Affairs Department in Khoy has established thirty-nine new handicrafts workshops for local nomadic youth. This major...

Iran’s Supreme Leader Mojtaba Khamenei Honors Late Iranian Leaders on Anniversary of Helicopter Tragedy

The Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Mojtaba Khamenei officially released a commemorative statement to mark the second...